About Me
Before August, I lived in Mt. Pleasant, MI where I was an Online Content Area Expert for WAY (Widening Advancements for Youth), a hybrid online/learning lab high school program for students in cities and towns all over Michigan, including two centers in Detroit. I also worked as the Lab Mentor for WAY - Mt. Pleasant. I still work as an Online Mentor for the WAY Program. I am in daily email contact with six students; I send them progress reports, motivational messages, videos, etc., as well as cool things I've found online.

I have been married for four years to my best friend Eddie. He is my partner, my challenger, my support system, my fashion consultant, and sometimes my personal assistant. I wouldn't be able to keep up with everything without his constant help.

When I moved to Florida, I left the cutest little baby in the whole world--my niece, Annabelle Cary--behind in Michigan. She will be one year old on November 21st and I miss her like crazy!

I love your response to your friends answers for why they use Twitter, those are so my answers. I am so anti-social media because it has caused more drama in my life than anything. Although, I have a Twitter, and I only use mine for couponing and Tweeting about how awesome of a football player Tim Tebow was.
ReplyDeleteAs far as using Twitter in the classroom, we are not allowed to, in anyway shape or form. Last year a teacher used Twitter as his website page, he posted homework and what is going on in the room. Once the board found out he had a Twitter ,and he was using it for classroom things such as I said they were not happy. I am not tenure yet, I am only second year, so I will not try any technology until I tell every person that is in charge of me and their dog. Although, I am on the technology team for my district and it sounds like the board is starting to warm up to the idea of Twitter as an assessment. At the end of the lesson students can send a quick tweet about something useful or whatever the teacher tells them to type. Will the people of higher power ever love social media predominantly in the classroom? Maybe, but it is going to take a lot of pioneers that are tenure that are willing to stick their neck on the cutting board to prove it is not all bad.
I will never I ever be a fan of Twitter for posting things. I hate doing it for our class. I just worry I post a resource and someone from work sees it and as innocent as doing an assignment for college they get upset and I have to talk to them. I see the usefulness of it, I like that for class I can #a resource and go back to it later. I like the idea of everyone sharing helping tips and resources because that is how I found FrontRow, but I would love it more if we could post privately and no one, but the teacher and the poster could find their work. I am an over worrier, I know.